2mdc.com has developed Intranets for a multitude of companies and institutions
amongst which the following two European projects are noteworthy: ECH and
KCNQpathies and SEPLA (Spanish Syndicate of Airline Pilots).
The main functions of these applications include:
- Systems for user authentication, registration and profiling which enables
the creation of access levels and user preferences for intranet tool use.
- Communication systems in real time for the structured exchange of information
stored in BB.DD for subsequent reference and revision (depending on the
privileges of the user). The objective is to complement the chat applications
to allow for the exchange of information in real time within a predetermined
- Document managers for the online management of libraries associated
with the project
- Shared diary for the organisation of events and collaborative work.
- Forum adapted to the profile of the user
- Workflow management: automatic email sending system which keeps the
users informed, in accordance with their privileges and preferences, of
everything taking place via the Intranet (document up-loading, diary entries,
new registrations, forum commentaries…).
- Web Services (SOAP protocol) which allow secure access from the outside
to all types of users (registered or not) to certain services.